The aim of the Carbon Footprint Assessment is to quantify the GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions associated with the clients operations.
The scope of emissions assessments include:
- Energy consumption, waste disposal and refrigerant gas losses at the clients’ premises
- Fuel consumed by company owned vehicles
- Business travel of staff
- Commuting of staff
- Deliveries by third parties
For national programmes where extensive and complex multi-source data is processed, we have utilise a team at Imperial College.
The CAS assessment team provides support to clients’ personnel during the data collection exercise and provides data collection templates and advice and guidance where necessary. Our on-line GHG calculator offers clients value, as it can be tailored to their specific size, location and trading conditions, etc. It can accommodate multiple sites, and has an easy user interface which means staff can create accurate reports without the need for extensive training. The aim of this on-line GHG calculator service is to provide a gateway opportunity to clients because of the on-going nature of the service (a minimum of one year engagement).
CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
UK government has introduced the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC). This legislation forms part of the UK’s commitment to reduce its carbon emissions by 85% by 2050. The scheme will reward businesses which successfully reduce their emissions with lower fuel bills.
In relation to the CRC, CAS can conduct advisory services in relation to the following areas:
- All aspects of compliance and including interpretation of CRC legislation and guidance
- Assess and evaluate all relevant electricity supplies
- Develop software application for electricity assessment, monitoring and compliance purposes for the life of the CRC
- Evaluate strategy for maximizing performance across each of the three metrics including a timeline of justified targets in accordance with the client’s business strategy
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis of energy efficiency performance options for all sites
- Advise upon footprint and annual report contents
- Advise upon allowance purchasing (and possibly sale) strategy for first year of allowance purchases
- Advise upon maximising revenue recycling payment
- Explore and advise upon utility of Electricity Generating Credit strategy
- Advise upon favourable opportunities for financing investment in CRC strategic aim maximisation
- Advise upon likely comparative performance for selected competitors
- Analyse all of the above as relevant in relation to any change in ownership